Ginger is among the healthiest, popular and most delicious spices on the planet. It is one of the very few “superfoods” actually worthy of that term. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Here are 11 health benefits of ginger supported by scientific research:
- Ginger Contains Gingerol, a Substance With Powerful Medicinal Properties
- Ginger Can Treat Many Forms of Nausea, Especially Morning Sickness
- Ginger May Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
- The Anti-Inflammatory Effects Can Help with Osteoarthritis, which is a common health problem.
- Ginger May Drastically Lower Blood Sugars and Improve Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Ginger Can Help Treat Chronic Indigestion
- Ginger Powder May Significantly Reduce Menstrual Pain
- Ginger May Lower Cholesterol Levels
- Ginger Contains a Substance That May Help Prevent Cancer
- Ginger May Improve Brain Function and Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Active Ingredient in Ginger Can Help Fight Infections
Credit: Joe Leech – https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-benefits-of-ginger#section11