Red Guinea Corn
Guinea corn is a nutrient-rich grain that when included in your diet offers a number of nutritional and therapeutic benefits. Guinea corn contains about the same and sometimes more protein than many other grains and a good source of energy.
- A good source of carbohydrates and fiber which to improve bowel function.
- The fiber in the Red guinea corn can also decrease your risk of heart disease by decreasing blood cholesterol levels.
- Red guinea corn is a low-fat food product, thus helps reduce your overall fat intake, lowering your risk of heart disease, certain types of cancers and obesity.
- Another nutritional highlight of Red guinea corn is its mineral content such as calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium.
- Calcium and phosphorus are essential minerals needed for bone health and strength. Adequate intakes of iron support the transportation of oxygen in your body, and help promote cell growth and development. Potassium helps maintain fluid balance, and high intakes improve blood pressure.