Corn or maize is one of the most popular cereals in the world and forms the staple food many countries and many African countries. Corn not only provides the necessary calories for healthy, daily metabolism but is also a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and many minerals. Its high fiber content ensures that it plays a significant role in the prevention of digestive ailments like constipation and hemorrhoids as well as colorectal cancer.
- Rich source of calories
- Boost immune system
- Prevents Anemia
- Power packed with nutrients
- Controls diabetics and hypertension
- Reduced cholesterol absorption in body
- Reduces risk of various cardiovascular diseases
- Improves bone structure
- Reduces risk of hemorrhoids
- Helps maintain good vision and skin. Yellow corn is a rich source of beta-carotene, which forms vitamin A in the body and is essential for the maintenance of good vision and skin.
- Rich source of Vitamins and Minerals. Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B, C, E, Thiamin, Folate, Niacin and Folic Acid (deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns)
- Lowers risk of colon cancer. Corn is a rich source of antioxidants which fight cancer-causing free radicals, Antioxidants have been shown to reduce many of the most dangerous forms of cancer because of their ability to induce apoptosis in cancerous cells, while leaving healthy cells unaffected.